Please take a moment to meet the team.
Tel: +852 3470 9068
Simon leads Simon Reid-Kay & Associates and has practised and been resident in Hong Kong since 1985. He deals with all types of real estate transactions and regularly advises on the real estate aspects of IPOs, funds (including REITs), securitizations, sale and leaseback and portfolio management for substantial Hong Kong-based international investment banks and conglomerates. He regularly advises private funds and investment banks on their own and their clients’ real estate requirements including investments, financing and property management.
As well as handling purchases, sales and leases, Simon has advised owners, developers and lenders on the planning and construction aspects of many major developments and infrastructure projects in Hong Kong and the region. He also has extensive experience in government land administration and heavyweight commercial leasing work.
- Partner, Allen & Overy, Hong Kong – 2001-2012
- Associate, Consultant, Linklaters, Hong Kong – 1988-2001
- Associate, Johnson Stokes & Master, Hong Kong – 1985-1988
- Associate, Maclay Murray & Spens, Scotland – 1984-1985
- Admitted as solicitor, Scotland, 1984
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 1985
- Admitted as solicitor, England and Wales, 1991
Cindy advises property developers and investors on sale and purchase of real estate properties or shares in property holding companies. She also represents banks and financial institutions on general corporate lending, commercial and private banking matters, construction finance and related loan/security documents. In addition, she advises on tenancy matters in respect of residential, office and commercial premises and deals with property development projects, including planning for sale, advising on matters in land grants, applying for pre-sale consent, and handling sale/purchase and mortgage of units in residential or non-residential development projects.
Cindy has also advised quasi-government bodies on subsidized housing projects, elderly projects and subsidised loan scheme.
Cindy also advises private funds and investors on acquisition and disposal of real estate properties and works together with other law firms in handling transactions involving real properties in Hong Kong.
Her other transactional work includes sale and purchase of loan portfolios and the underlying mortgages and other securities.
- Partner, Mayer Brown JSM – 2009-2015
- Associate/Senior Associate, Johnson Stokes & Master – 1994-2009
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 1994
- Admitted as solicitor, England and Wales, 1995
- Notary Public of Hong Kong
Leslie has practiced in Hong Kong since 1985. His core practice throughout has been acting for tenants in commercial and residential leasing negotiations, mortgagees in the creation and subsequent realization of security and general clients in the purchase and sale of real property including many sales by tender or auction. He also advises private equity clients in their purchase and sale of real estate and on the real estate aspects of corporate acquisitions.
- Partner, Mayer Brown JSM – 2008-2016
- Partner, Johnson Stokes & Master – 1988-2008
- Associate, Johnson Stokes & Master – 1985-1988
- Associate, Morton, Fraser & Milligan W.S. – 1982-1985
- Admitted as solicitor, Scotland, 1982
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 1985
- Admitted as solicitor, England and Wales, 1990
With more than 20 years’ global experience in both the real estate and technology domains, in private legal practice and in-house, Mark is a highly experienced technology and real estate lawyer, dual-qualified in Australia and Hong Kong.
Technology: Mark possesses cutting-edge industry know-how and expertise, supporting start-ups to Fortune-500 companies, in areas such as contract negotiations, FinTech, RegTech, the creation of policies and guidelines, and the strategic adoption and transformation of emerging technology and digital platforms (via 3rd party service providers or incubators and innovation labs). His practice includes identification of new and novel ethical and legal risks and issues, and with over ten years in-house, Mark can provide very specialist in-house legal counsel knowledge and support.
Mark’s technology (digital commerce) legal services capabilities include cloud, sophisticated technology services procurement and outsourcing, data governance and digital content (including privacy/processing, encryption and cybersecurity), software and infrastructure (including “as-a-service”), global sourcing (including ITO & BPO), regulatory & compliance, emerging & disruptive technology and digital platforms, IPR acquisitions and disposals, and mergers & acquisitions and joint ventures.
Real Estate: Mark has extensive experience in prominent real estate transactions across the globe, including leasing, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, construction, infrastructure and major projects, hospitality & leisure, and digital infrastructure and data centres (offering the unique ability to support both the technology and real estate components of transactions).
- Counsel, Bird & Bird, Hong Kong – 2019-2020
- Executive Director, Lehman Brothers and Nomura, Hong Kong – 2007-2019
- Senior Associate, Allen & Overy, London – 2005-2007
- Senior Associate, King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney – 2003-2005
- Senior Associate, Baker & McKenzie, Hong Kong & Sydney – 1998-2003
- Admitted as solicitor, New South Wales and High Court, 1997
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 2003
Jeff is a highly experienced international transactional lawyer whose practice focuses primarily on Hong Kong and Mainland China. He began his legal career in the United States in 1983 and has lived and worked in Asia since the early 1990s. Before joining Simon Reid-Kay & Associates, Jeff was a partner of a major international law firm based in the firm’s Hong Kong office, and then a corporate executive engaged in commercial real estate development in Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. His practice involves property and infrastructure project development and finance, acquisitions, joint ventures, and investment and commercial transactions.
- Principal, MacauLand Developments Limited – 2017
- CEO, H&Co Real Estate Holding Limited – 2015-2016
- Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP (formerly Fulbright & Jaworski LLP) – 1993-2015
- Associate, Fulbright & Jaworski LLP – 1983-1992
In addition to his specific focus on real estate development, investment and transactional matters in Hong Kong, Jeff’s experience covers a wide range of markets and projects. His experience includes:
- advising a major Hong Kong property developer on its tender for various retail properties of Link REIT to the value exceeding HK$20 billion;
- advising a joint venture investor in the acquisition of a large industrial redevelopment project in Kowloon East, Hong Kong;
- advising an international consortium on its successful tender to design, finance, construct and manage the premium modern logistics center at Kwo Lo Wan of Hong Kong International Airport comprising GFA of 380,000 sqm and total investment of US$1.5 billion;
- advising an international consortium on its tender to design, construct, finance and manage the commercial development comprising retail, dining and entertainment facilities, and office towers, at SkyCity of Hong Kong International Airport;
- advising a Hong Kong statutory corporation on two of the largest infrastructure projects in Hong Kong during the past several years, involving total investment of approximately HK$200 billion;
- advising Hong Kong non-profit institutions regarding property redevelopment and financing matters in Hong Kong;
- advising on acquisitions, investments and dispositions by Chinese domestic companies and state-owned enterprises;
- advising on real estate private equity investment and financing transactions in Hong Kong and China;
- negotiating hotel management agreements as developer/principal;
- developing office and retail properties for strata sale;
- advising many international businesses and investors on the strategy, structure, risks, documentation, negotiation and implementation of their investments, acquisitions, financings and other projects in Hong Kong and China.
Eugenia has experience in acting for property investors in acquisition and disposal of real properties and acting for both lenders and borrowers in mortgage transactions.
Eugenia also advises on general conveyancing and tenancy matters.
- Senior Associate, Simon Reid-Kay & Associates – 2018-present
- Associate, Simon Reid-Kay & Associates – 2017-2018
- Assistant Solicitor, Arthur K.H. Chan & Co. – 2013-2017
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 2013
Marium was qualified in England & Wales and is a Registered Foreign Lawyer (England & Wales) at Simon Reid-Kay & Associates. She has experience in a range of real estate matters including acquisitions and disposals of real properties and property holding companies, as well as general conveyancing and tenancy matters.
- Registered Foreign Lawyer, Simon Reid-Kay & Associates – 2019-present
- Registered Foreign Lawyer, Ince Gordon Dadds – 2018-2019
- Admitted as solicitor, England & Wales, 2017
Jeffrey has experience in acting for property investors in sale and purchase of real estate properties or shares in property holding companies. He also has experience in acting for banks and financial institutions in general lending transactions.
Jeffrey’s practice also covers general conveyancing and tenancy matters.
- Associate, Simon Reid-Kay & Associates – 2017-present
- Trainee Solicitor, Kao, Lee & Yip 2015-2017
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 2018
Anver is our senior legal executive with substantial experience in major commercial property acquisitions, disposals and leases for private and institutional clients. He also has extensive experience in handling sale and purchase and leasing transactions for investors, property funds and quasi-government organisations. He works closely with banks on real estate-related financing transactions.
- Senior Legal Executive, Simon Reid-Kay & Associates – 2012-present
- Senior Legal Executive, Allen & Overy – 2001-2012
- Legal Executive, Linklaters – 1992-2001
Raymond holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics from the University of Manitoba and a LLB (Hons) from the London School of Economics and Political Science. He is a solicitor in Hong Kong and England and Wales.
Raymond has over 25 years of legal experience in Hong Kong, Macau and Mainland China. His legal expertise covers corporate real estate, project finance, M&A, hospitality and corporate finance. Raymond was appointed as a China Appointed Attesting Officer in 2000.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Hong Kong and England and Wales
- China Appointed Attesting Officer, 2000