Please take a moment to meet the team.
Tel: +852 3470 9068
Simon leads Simon Reid-Kay & Associates and has practised and been resident in Hong Kong since 1985. He deals with all types of real estate transactions and regularly advises on the real estate aspects of IPOs, funds (including REITs), securitizations, sale and leaseback and portfolio management for substantial Hong Kong-based international investment banks and conglomerates. He regularly advises private funds and investment banks on their own and their clients’ real estate requirements including investments, financing and property management.
As well as handling purchases, sales and leases, Simon has advised owners, developers and lenders on the planning and construction aspects of many major developments and infrastructure projects in Hong Kong and the region. He also has extensive experience in government land administration and heavyweight commercial leasing work.
Ranked in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2017.
- Partner, Allen & Overy, Hong Kong – 2001-2012
- Associate, Consultant, Linklaters, Hong Kong – 1988-2001
- Associate, Johnson Stokes & Master, Hong Kong – 1985-1988
- Associate, Maclay Murray & Spens, Scotland – 1984-1985
- Admitted as solicitor, Scotland, 1984
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 1985
- Admitted as solicitor, England and Wales, 1991
Cindy advises property developers and investors on sale and purchase of real estate properties or shares in property holding companies. She also represents banks and financial institutions on general corporate lending, commercial and private banking matters, construction finance and related loan/security documents. In addition, she advises on tenancy matters in respect of residential, office and commercial premises and deals with property development projects, including planning for sale, advising on matters in land grants, applying for pre-sale consent, and handling sale/purchase and mortgage of units in residential or non-residential development projects.
Cindy has also advised quasi-government bodies on subsidized housing projects, elderly projects and subsidised loan scheme.
Cindy also advises private funds and investors on acquisition and disposal of real estate properties and works together with other law firms in handling transactions involving real properties in Hong Kong.
Her other transactional work includes sale and purchase of loan portfolios and the underlying mortgages and other securities.
- Partner, Mayer Brown JSM – 2009-2015
- Associate/Senior Associate, Johnson Stokes & Master – 1994-2009
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 1994
- Admitted as solicitor, England and Wales, 1995
- Notary Public of Hong Kong
Leslie has practiced in Hong Kong since 1985. His core practice throughout has been acting for tenants in commercial and residential leasing negotiations, mortgagees in the creation and subsequent realization of security and general clients in the purchase and sale of real property including many sales by tender or auction. He also advises private equity clients in their purchase and sale of real estate and on the real estate aspects of corporate acquisitions.
- Partner, Mayer Brown JSM – 2008-2016
- Partner, Johnson Stokes & Master – 1988-2008
- Associate, Johnson Stokes & Master – 1985-1988
- Associate, Morton, Fraser & Milligan W.S. – 1982-1985
- Admitted as solicitor, Scotland, 1982
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 1985
- Admitted as solicitor, England and Wales, 1990
Jeff is a highly experienced international transactional lawyer whose practice focuses primarily on Hong Kong and Mainland China. He began his legal career in the United States in 1983 and has lived and worked in Asia since the early 1990s. Before joining Simon Reid-Kay & Associates, Jeff was a partner of a major international law firm based in the firm’s Hong Kong office, and then a corporate executive engaged in commercial real estate development in Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. His practice involves property and infrastructure project development and finance, acquisitions, joint ventures, and investment and commercial transactions.
- Principal, MacauLand Developments Limited – 2017
- CEO, H&Co Real Estate Holding Limited – 2015-2016
- Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP (formerly Fulbright & Jaworski LLP) – 1993-2015
- Associate, Fulbright & Jaworski LLP – 1983-1992
In addition to his specific focus on real estate development, investment and transactional matters in Hong Kong, Jeff’s experience covers a wide range of markets and projects. His experience includes:
- advising a major Hong Kong property developer on its tender for various retail properties of Link REIT to the value exceeding HK$20 billion;
- advising a joint venture investor in the acquisition of a large industrial redevelopment project in Kowloon East, Hong Kong;
- advising an international consortium on its successful tender to design, finance, construct and manage the premium modern logistics center at Kwo Lo Wan of Hong Kong International Airport comprising GFA of 380,000 sqm and total investment of US$1.5 billion;
- advising an international consortium on its tender to design, construct, finance and manage the commercial development comprising retail, dining and entertainment facilities, and office towers, at SkyCity of Hong Kong International Airport;
- advising a Hong Kong statutory corporation on two of the largest infrastructure projects in Hong Kong during the past several years, involving total investment of approximately HK$200 billion;
- advising Hong Kong non-profit institutions regarding property redevelopment and financing matters in Hong Kong;
- advising on acquisitions, investments and dispositions by Chinese domestic companies and state-owned enterprises;
- advising on real estate private equity investment and financing transactions in Hong Kong and China;
- negotiating hotel management agreements as developer/principal;
- developing office and retail properties for strata sale;
- advising many international businesses and investors on the strategy, structure, risks, documentation, negotiation and implementation of their investments, acquisitions, financings and other projects in Hong Kong and China.
Simon’s practice is Hong Kong based and involves all aspects of real estate, wills, estate planning, probate, trust, immigration and general corporate commercial matters as well as cross-border legal issues.
Simon focuses on real estate transactions and handles sale and purchase as well as leases of various types of properties, residential development matters and secured lending transactions. He has extensive experience in representing foreign and local institutional investors, property developers, statutory bodies and local Government in a wide range of urban and rural land related projects, including both private and public high rise and low density construction projects, small house developments, resumption of land, New Territories conveyancing and succession, high-profile compulsory acquisitions and lease-back of landed properties, tender for sale and re-grant of Government Leases.
Simon also has extensive experience in advising trustees and beneficiaries on ultra-high-net-worth offshore and local trusts, estate administration and distribution, including disputed matters.
Simon has also been involved in various large scale visa applications for importing expatriates and a variety of corporate commercial transactions, including international sales of medicinal products, FIIs, JVs, notifiable and connected transactions under the Hong Kong Listing Rules.
Simon is registered as a Reverse Mortgage Counsellor.
- Senior Associate, Robertsons, Hong Kong – 2004-2012
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 2001
- Reverse Mortgage Counsellor
Deseré is a Registered Foreign Lawyer (England and Wales). She is an attorney, notary and conveyancer in South Africa and a solicitor in England and Wales. She focuses on commercial property, infrastructure, mining and natural resources transactions, acting predominantly for financial institutions, project and mining companies. Her areas of expertise include banking and finance (with an emphasis on security arrangements), commercial property, mining, minerals, natural resources and energy.
- Consultant, Allen & Overy (South Africa), 2015- 2017
- Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright, 2004-2015
- Partner, Webber Wentzel Bowens, 1998-2004
- Director, JF Jordaan Inc, 1989-1998
Legal/ Professional qualifications:
- Attorney, South Africa, 1993
- Notary, South Africa, 1994
- Conveyancer, South Africa, 1994
- Right of Appearance in the Supreme Court of South Africa, 1996
- Solicitor (England & Wales), 2009
- Registered Foreign Lawyer (England & Wales), 2017
- Baccalareus Procurationis, North West University, 1992
- Diploma in Human Rights, University of Johannesburg, 1995
- Diploma in Alternative Dispute Resolution, University of Pretoria, 1999
Eugenia has experience in acting for property investors in acquisition and disposal of real properties and acting for both lenders and borrowers in mortgage transactions.
Eugenia also advises on general conveyancing and tenancy matters.
- Senior Associate, Simon Reid-Kay & Associates – 2018-present
- Associate, Simon Reid-Kay & Associates – 2017-2018
- Assistant Solicitor, Arthur K.H. Chan & Co. – 2013-2017
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 2013
Hess has experience in assisting property developers in first hand sales and property acquisitions, and acting for companies in mortgage arrangements and real estate transactions.
Hess practises general conveyancing and landlord and tenant matters.
- Associate, Simon Reid-Kay & Associates, Hong Kong – 2019-present
- Associate, Vincent T.K. Cheung, Yap & Co. – 2017-2018
- Associate, Hui & Lam Solicitors LLP – 2016-2017
- Trainee Solicitor, Hui & Lam Solicitors LLP – 2014-2016
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 2016
Jeffrey has experience in acting for property investors in sale and purchase of real estate properties or shares in property holding companies. He also has experience in acting for banks and financial institutions in general lending transactions.
Jeffrey’s practice also covers general conveyancing and tenancy matters.
- Associate, Simon Reid-Kay & Associates – 2017-present
- Trainee Solicitor, Kao, Lee & Yip 2015-2017
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 2018
Anver is our senior legal executive with substantial experience in major commercial property acquisitions, disposals and leases for private and institutional clients. He also has extensive experience in handling sale and purchase and leasing transactions for investors, property funds and quasi-government organisations. He works closely with banks on real estate-related financing transactions.
- Senior Legal Executive, Allen & Overy, Hong Kong – 2001-2012
- Legal Executive, Linklaters, Hong Kong – 1992-2001
Raymond holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics from the University of Manitoba and a LLB (Hons) from the London School of Economics and Political Science. He is a solicitor in Hong Kong and England and Wales.
Raymond has over 25 years of legal experience in Hong Kong, Macau and Mainland China. His legal expertise covers corporate real estate, project finance, M&A, hospitality and corporate finance. Raymond was appointed as a China Appointed Attesting Officer in 2000.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Hong Kong and England and Wales
- China Appointed Attesting Officer, 2000